Friday, September 29, 2017

2017-18 O-Pee-Chee Hockey - Retail Pack

It's not always easy to find hockey cards in Texas and finding some O-Pee-Chees at retail has been tougher than I anticipated.  I love Texas for so many reasons but this is certainly a shortcoming. 

I had stopped at various Targets and Walmarts at least a half dozen times before finding anything.  I found an unopened box, but it wasn't a blaster.  I asked a cashier to do a price check, thinking it would come back "item not found" and it did.  She opened it up, tried again and success.  Normally I wouldn't buy normal packs but since they were out of a previously unopened box, I snagged a couple.  Since then I've looked for more and haven't found any.  Anywhere. 



LINK:  2017-18 O-PEE-CHEE HOCKEY DELIVERS OLD-SCHOOL COLLECTING FUN

LINK:  2017-18 O-Pee-Chee NHL Hockey Cards

2017-18 O-Pee-Chee #101 Alexander Ovechkin
When set images were released months ago, I felt the design was the best in years and was excited.  When I opened my first pack and looked, I wasn't as thrilled.  I don't know why.  After a few days and another look I am again on-board. 

2017-18 O-Pee-Chee #101 Alexander Ovechkin (back)
The backs are typical and what I expect from O-Pee-Chee.  What I would like to see is no dead space.  It would be great to fill the space with bios or cartoons, like in the "old days."

2017-18 O-Pee-Chee #64 Mats Zuccarello

2017-18 O-Pee-Chee #335 Andre Burakovsky

2017-18 O-Pee-Chee #286 Logan Couture

2017-18 O-Pee-Chee Retro #54 Reilly Smith (front)

2017-18 O-Pee-Chee Retro #54 Reilly Smith (back)

I don't see much of a difference on the Retro backs.  Either make them much more discernible or just leave them the same. 

2017-18 O-Pee-Chee #127 Joel Eriksson Ek

2017-18 O-Pee-Chee #487 Kyle Turris

2017-18 O-Pee-Chee #433 Nikolay Kulemin
You can follow APTBNL on twitter at @namedlater and me at @beansbcardblog.  Please take a look at and follow my personal blog, I Feel Like a Collector Again. Happy collecting!

No comments: