Tuesday, September 10, 2013

2012 Topps Series 2 Hobby

Greetings!

Hope everyone's doing well.  A while back, I was able to make a quick stop at a nearby comic book store before bringing my car in for an oil change.  I don't collect comic books, but there's enough geek / nerd candy at a comic book store to keep me occupied for 20 minutes or so (it sure beats sitting in the dealership's waiting room, I don't care how much free popcorn they have).  On the way out, I saw a pack of this and I thought why not...it's a Hobby pack of 2012 Topps Series 2!

I'll buy that for a dollar!

10 cards for a dollar?  Sure, I'll play.  Who knows, perhaps I'll get lucky like the last time I bought a Hobby pack.  Since these cards have been posted already, there's no need for descriptions.  Here's what I got:



#373 – Carlos Gonzalez
#425 – Carlos Zambrano
#500 – Alex Rodriguez
 

#584 – Daric Barton
#GS-46 – Joe DiMaggio (Gold Standard)
#TM-83 – Joe Mauer (1987 Mini)


#439 – Elvis Andrus
#594 – Ricky Romero
#371 – Jim Thome
#611 – Neftali Feliz


Well, nothing cool like the last time.  I guess not all Hobby packs are winners.  Here are some backs:


 That's all for now.  Enjoy the rest of the week and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

--David said...

Love the play at the plate and that Thome is a GREAT photo!

Grant said...

Joe Mauer in a '87-styled card plus a Thome? Win.