Friday, May 22, 2009

1978 Donruss Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band


To say I am not a Beatles fan is like saying the Cubs haven't won a World Championship in a while (for future readers, this *IS* May 2009). When I saw this pack, I grabbed it for inclusion here, but I had no idea what was actually in the pack. After opening it, I still don't.


These cards feature images that scream 70's. I sorta recognize some of the people on the cards, mainly due to the fact that the Beatles aren't on any of them. What's up with that?


Oh sure, I could look it up on Google or Wikipedia or whatever modern-day information store is popping up these days, but really, why bother at all?


The great thing here is the craptacular photos, the awful puzzle on the back of the cards, the funky design that I am sure will one day grace a throwback set of cards someday soon.


You see, the real beauty in these cards is the fact that I could very well have stumbled across one of the greatest 'Hall of Shame' packs known to mankind. Then again, you have not seen what horrors still lie ahead...

7 comments:

night owl said...

These are from the movie "Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band," which featured music stars of the late '70s like the Bee Gees and Peter Frampton.

It was supposed to be a huge hit, but it was awful and bombed. I'm sure nobody bought the cards either.

--David said...

So, which came first - the movie or the song?

CaptKirk42 said...

To David,

The Song "Sgt Peppers" came out way before the Movie. The song was the Beatles from like 1968, the movie was 1978?.

Or were you joking with "which came first"? (It's sometimes hard to tell when people are joking on the internet)

LoCoDe said...

Yeah, this was a weird Bee Gees project. With bonus Peter Frampton.

I bought the double album when I was seven. It seemed like a great deal to a seven year old. 2 lps for only $1.99!

It was shite.

Anonymous said...

Why would you advertise the fact that youre not a Beatles fan? Why not go ahead and say "I have no soul"

Anonymous said...

It is a movie you dimwit

Kicky Sam said...

This is so bad it's good. I love it, 13 years later.