Tuesday, May 26, 2009

1999 Fleer Brilliants


Wow! Look at that wrapper! With a name like "Brilliants," these cards are sure to kick ass, right? We'll see...

#48 - Livan Hernandez
A bit of a "meh" card of a very "meh" player...

#51 - Chan Ho Park
#152B - Scott Hunter
The most easily attainable of the three parallels from '99 Brilliants is the Blue parallel. Veteran cards are seeded 1 in every 3 packs while rookies such as Mr. Hunter here are seeded 1 in every 6 packs. On a side note, Hunter is the third straight player in this pack to have a jersey number in the 60's.

#38 - Al Leiter

#75 - Mike Caruso

If anyone was wondering, yes, I did break a box of this (don't ask why). That'll be posted on my blog in a little while but for now, I hope you enjoyed this pack. Wait, what am I saying? There were two Mets AND Chan Ho Park. Of course you enjoyed it...

4 comments:

Goose Joak said...

I had never heard of this set before. I'm trying to figure out what differentiated the product from other Fleer sets at the time (especially Flair).

Ben said...

It's a pretty nice looking set.

1999 was about a year too late to get very excited about Livan Hernandez. His '98 season wasn't one to remember, but if I'd pulled that card shortly after the '97 World Series I'd have been pleased.

Anonymous said...

You're right - that's a real nice wrapper! The cards are alright. They remind me of Fleer Focus, which I remember liking. Fleer sure flooded the market, didn't they?!

Anonymous said...

The pictures seems to have gone.