Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2001 Upper Deck Decade 1970's


Hello all! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is John but I run a cardblog on Wordpress that bears the same name as my Blogger handle. I recently broke a box of 2001 UD Decade 1970's and held a contest based on my pull(s). I also made it a point to take the first pack I broke from the box and post the contents here. Here's what that pack contained:

#21 - Al Oliver


#80 - "The Secretary of Defense" Garry Maddox


#54 - Tim McCarver


#155 - Award Winners Mike Hargrove (1974 AL ROY)


#129 - Decade Dateline Chris Chambliss


Nearly every pack in the box followed this formula of 3 base cards + 2 subset cards. This wasn't the most exciting pack of the box but it certainly wasn't bad (unless you're Matt F. and hate seeing that Chambliss). Several card backs contain little blurbs about the player and nearly all of them are accompanied by a 1970's Trivia Question. Here is one example:

What 300-game winner had a record 20 200-inning seasons?

Anyone know?

1 comment:

night owl said...

It's Don Sutton. As a Dodger fan, I'm embarrassed to say how long it took me to find that.