Tuesday, May 05, 2009

2008 Upper Deck Heroes

I think I like this set more than most. $1.99 retail pack from Target.


#110 Carlos Delgado. This card commemorates Carlos' 400th career homer. I wonder how many of them have been accompanied by "DEL-GOT-IT" on SportsCenter? My guess is 179.


#79 Alex Gordon. From Delgado's 400th to Gordon's first. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Alex isn't going to hit anywhere near 400 in his career. Sorry dude.


YSL 4183 Ron Guidry. Guidry won 25 games in 1978. The Washington Nationals will be lucky to win 25 games by August.


#75 Carlos Lee. This is the one per pack retail parallel. I think UD refers to the color as charcoal. Grey would probably suffice.


#81 Bo Jackson 198/249. Upper Deck doesn't print insert odds on their packs so I'm just going to say that these red parallels come one in every 3483.4 packs. Approximately.

Not a bad pack at all. A numbered parallel, the horse, an old Yankee, a Met (eww...) and Alex Gordon.

For the sake of comparison, here is what Heroes looked like back in 1991.

1 comment:

Dubbs said...

haha - nice Bo Jackson odds. I'd take those, and that's a helluva card too.