Sunday, May 10, 2009

2005 Skybox Autographics

I was rummaging around in the $1.59 box at Target this morning and came across this pack, so I thought I'd give it a shot. According to the back, there are 60 Basics, 25 Rookies numbered to 750, and 30 Greats numbered to 750. The combined odds of pulling a Rookie or a Great are 1:30 packs. So this isn't exactly a set-builder's dream come true. Remember the old days where you were happy to get a player from your favorite team? On to the cards before I get sentimental.

#5 Chipper Jones



I guess I see why they call it Autographics... it's got a large foil signature across the middle of the card. Exciting stuff.

#39 Alex Rodriguez



Now that I think about it, this seems like a mixture of mid-90s Studio (portrait shots) and 1994 Collector's Choice (silver signature).

#59 Bobby Abreu



#15 Paul Konerko



#28 Mike Sweeney



Not a bad pack, overall. Sure, there were no serial numbers or autos, but two Hall of Famers out of five cards isn't a bad ratio.

3 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

I love that Chipper! I've never seen this set before. Looks pretty cool.
Now there's another Chipper card I have to track down.

Anonymous said...

Well, I see Chipper but who was the other Hall of Famer in that pack? Ha!

Anonymous said...

Abreu, or maybe Konerko if he gets far enough past 500 homers.