Saturday, May 30, 2009

1991 Impel Terminator 2: Judgment Day


The first thing I noticed was the text on the wrapper: "1 Offer Card." It says it right there. Up front, no hiding it. They don't try to sneak it in there, they let you know right away that this pack is asking for your money.


I am one of the few people in this world, or so I assume, that has never seen any of the Terminator movies or TV show. Yes, I know the whole "I'll Be Back" thing, and I have seen PARTS of the original movie, but never sat through the whole thing. I have no excuses.


I'm sure something very climatic is happening at the moment depicted on the cards. I just have no idea what that might be.


How do you top an "I'll Be Back" card!?


Ah, hey, I actually remember the motorcycle scene. Though, it was probably in the trailers enough or on commercials, right?


Here is the offer card (above) - you could buy a poster featuring all 140 cards. It was $6.95 plus $2.50 postage and Maryland residents had to add 5% tax. There is also an 800 number listed. Maybe I should call it...


Sarah Conner card... Nothing else needs to be said here.


Hey, isn't he the cop they used in that DirecTV commercial a few years ago?

No comments: