Tuesday, April 08, 2014

2013 Topps Opening Day Rack Pack

Greetings...

40 years ago tonight, this happened:


I think it's safe to say that the majority of the APTBNL readership still consider Hammerin' Hank to be the Home Run King.

Anyway, back then, Opening Day started in early April.  Wait, what?  You don't have a pack of 2014 Opening Day on the site yet?  Yep, I haven't bought one yet...but I do have a pack from 2013!  But wait, that pack's already on the site!  But this one's not...it's a 2013 Topps Opening Day Rack Pack!



I got a pack of this when Target had them on sale over the summer, so I think this cost me $1.50.  Using this as a guide, I don't plan on buying any of this year's version until the summer again, so unless someone beats me to it, expect 2014 Opening Day around the All-Star Break.

Anyway, 24 cards come in the Rack Pack.  Let's see what I got:

#15 – Jim Johnson
#140 – Tyler Skaggs
#106 – Trevor Bauer
#17 – John Axford

 
Once again, the scanner ate the borders.  Let's just fly through the rest of the cards.

#120 – Alex Rodriguez
#142 – Jarrod Parker
#168 – Miguel Montero
#32 – Jered Weaver


#118 – Max Scherzer
#1 – Buster Posey
#128 – A.J. Burnett


#62 – Jason Kubel (550 / 2013)
#ODS-3 – Miguel Cabrera
#BF-3 – Jay Bruce


I do like them blue parallels.  Moving on:

#6 – David Wright
#132 – David Freese
#209 – Drew Storen
#49 – Grant Balfour
#175 – Brandon Phillips
#92 – Aramis Ramirez



#173 – Zack Cozart
#214 – Ian Kinsler
#21 – Yovani Gallardo
#181 – Neftali Feliz

 

Here are the backs:


Anyway, that's the pack.  If only they used different photos for Opening Day; maybe put those alternate uniforms and celebration pics here, then you'd have something.  Until then, I'll just wait for a sale or a repack box.  That's all for now...thanks for reading!

No comments: