Thursday, May 09, 2024

2024 Topps Heritage

 
I get the feeling people are waiting for me to post a pack of 2024 Heritage here, so I've got a quick opening.

This is actually a hanger pack that I received from Torren' Up Cards. He said in the accompanying note that sending unopened packs in the mail was underrated. We shall see, I guess.
 
Let's get started.
 

276 - Corbin Burnes, Brewers
383 - Christian Walker, Diamondbacks
402 - Zach Remillard, White Sox
331 - Gerrit Cole, Yankees

Those who read my blog know I pulled these exact cards in probably the same order from the hobby box I bought. I still have no idea who Zach Remillard is (he's spent most of the season in the minors). Also, to those new to 2024 Heritage, the All-Star cards in this set do not have yellow and red borders.



387 - Osleivis Basabe, Blue Jays
236 - Clarke Schmidt, Yankees
299 - Bryce Miller, Mariners
224 - Korey Lee, White Sox

That's a youthful crew. Nobody here has come close to hitting age 30. Also, the Basabe card was incorrectly labeled a Blue Jays card. Basabe has only played for the Rays.



485 - Tyler Rogers, Giants
446 - CJ Abrams, Nationals
127 - Marcus Semien, Rangers
158 - Joey Estes, Athletics

After pulling 11 straight dupes, I finally landed a card I don't have in Joey Estes, who has two whole major league games to his credit.
 
 

215 - Vidal Brujan, Rays
245 - Bryan Woo, Mariners
494 - Forrest Wall, Braves, white border parallel
352 - Triston Casas, Red Sox

Now we're cooking. The first three here are new to me. I found a white border in each of the hanger packs I opened, I don't know if that's a regular thing with these.



82 - Nathan Eovaldi, Rangers
337 - Declan Cronin, White Sox
273 - Oswald Peraza, Yankees
294 - Miguel Amaya, Cubs

Back to more dupes. And guys with limited major league experience. At least Eovaldi has been around for a good while. Also, the Eovaldi card is the only card numbered below 100 to not be a short-print. So no SPs were pulled in this pack.

That will do it. I don't blame you if you don't know who anybody is here.

1 comment:

Jafronius said...

It's only fitting that the blogisphere's resident 1975 expert post the first pack!