Friday, May 04, 2012

2005 Fleer Tradition (Hobby)

Today's pack is a pack of 2005 Fleer Tradition (Hobby).
Photobucket
At some point, as you can tell by the label, this pack was sold at an Osco drug store for $1.69. I wish my local drug store had cheap hobby packs.

The chase cards in this set are memorabilia cards, 1 in 18 packs.
Photobucket
We start with Barry Zito. He is currently having what may be a bounce-back year. Only time will tell if the former Cy Young winner can return to his brilliance.
Photobucket
Next up is Joe Randa, a career .284 hitter in 12 seasons.
Beltran
Here we have Carlos Beltran, who is nearing 2000 hits and recently passed 300 dingers.
Photobucket
Ah, a cool Pedro Martinez insert.
Photobucket
Here is Ben Davis, who had an unremarkable career apart from a bunt during Curt Schilling's attempt at a perfect game, breaking an unwritten rule (which I don't personally agree with).
Photobucket
Jolbert Cabrera and Cezar Izturis are next. I dig this card design a lot. The non-glossy would be good for autographs except that they already have facsimile autographs on them.
Photobucket
One of my favorite current players, Adrian Beltre. He's a hard guy not to love.
Photobucket
Finally, Adam Eaton and Toby Hall.

A cool set (and a decent pack). I'd break some more (especially if I was getting them at Osco).

No comments: