Sunday, October 06, 2013

2001-2002 Upper Deck Honor Roll

Greetings!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.  Today is my 12th wedding anniversary.  I cannot believe it has been 12 years since saying "I do" to the now-Wifey.

The occasion needs to be marked with a pack from the year we got hitched.  Yes, I ignored my own rule from last year, but I had the free time.  Perhaps I shouldn't make such definitive statements.  From the (then) $1.49 Target bin, it's a pack of 2001-2002 Upper Deck Honor Roll!

Blasphemy!  Be gone Air Wiz!
This was a 130 card set, 5 cards per pack, with the last 40 cards being short printed.  This tells me that this was a hard set to complete.  The big rookies were Pau Gasol, Zach Randolph, and Joe Johnson.  As usual, I did not get a big time rookie.  Here's what I got:
 

#82 - Desmond Mason
#47 - Stephon Marbury
#55 - Jason Kidd

These would have been nice fronts, if it weren't for the Honor Roll all over it. 



#1 - Shareef Abdur-Rahim
#15 - Lamond Murray

The player and team name could have been a little bigger, but I guess Upper Deck felt it necessary to make sure you know what set you were looking at.  Here are a couple of backs:


Not too bad, I guess.  They did reuse the picture from the front, and as usual, you only get to see the last 5 years of stats.

Anyway, that's the pack.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend...thanks for reading!

No comments: