Sunday, January 05, 2014

Fairfield Sports Chicago Fan Box, Pack I: 2012 Leaf The Living Legend Pete Rose

Greetings!

Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays and New Year's celebrations.  May 2014 be a great year for everyone. 

For Christmas, The Man With The Bag put this in my stocking...a Fairfield Sports Chicago Fan Box!


I've seen these $12 boxes at Target for a while (perhaps Santa supplies them to Fairfield?) and even thought about picking one up to see who'd I get.  I mean, look at the box...Soriano and Dawson!  The sides of the box (not pictured) have even more stars...Billy Williams!  Fergie Jenkins!  Ernie Banks!  Multi-patch cards!  It can't be that bad...right?

Anyway, since the box comes with 3 packs, I decided to post each pack.  First up, a pack of 2012 Leaf The Living Legend Pete Rose!


This set seems to be looked down upon by the blogosphereI had no plans on buying any packs, and since a pack has been posted already, let's just go ahead and see what we get:



#18 - "Pete Rose Squatting"
#2 - "Pete Rose Posing"
#14 - "Pete Rose Preparing For Winter Weather"

Well, I'm not annoyed about the black and white photos as I am about the missing logos.  I guess they're not so evident in these shots.  But still, why only black and white photos?  And why the set name "The Living Legend"?



#47 - "Pete Rose Taking A Breather & Tipping His Cap"
#41 - "Pete Rose Swinging"
#29 - "Pete Rose Swinging, But Not As Hard As Card #41"

Here's where the missing logos are in full display.  Here's some backs:


While I like the write ups, the stock photo and the lack of stats are disappointing.  You can say Phillies but not show the logo? 

Anyway, that's the pack.  It's a 60-card base set, and I guess you're guaranteed an autograph if you buy a box, but I'm still not planning to purchase more packs.  Besides, I'm sure cards from the set will be all over the repacks soon enough.

As those of you who watched the playoff game in Green Bay today know, it's a gonna get cold here in the Midwest.  Stay warm and be safe.   Thanks for reading, and Happy New Year!

No comments: