Monday, February 02, 2015

2014 Garbage Pail Kids Chrome Original Series 2

I'm a huge fan of Garbage Pail Kids. I have great memories of running down to the local 7-11 with my allowance and spending it all on GPK cards.  Topps has gone back to the well to reprint some of it's classic cards with the chrome technology and of course all the parallels and refractors.

The base checklist has 42 designs with A and B cards for a base checklist of 84 just like in 1985.  There are also Returning Character cards with old characters with new art, 12 designs, with A and B versions for 24 total.  And C variation cards for 20 cards of the base set


First out of the pack we get a Returning Character.


If you look close at the backs they all have a crease in the card.  It doesn't show up on the front, but it's a little disturbing.





I got a second Returning Character card.  As far as I can tell I didn't get a refractor, or anything else special in the pack.


No comments: