Tuesday, August 30, 2016

2015 Pokemon TCG XY: BREAKthrough

Greetings!

Hope everyone is doing well tonight.  Wasn't planning for a post, but I got home from work today to the news that my sister had just given birth to her second child.  Momma and baby are doing well.  So, since her two and my two means 4 little "monsters" for my parents, here's a pack of 2015 Pokemon TCG XY: BREAKthrough!

...To The Other Side!
From the Pokemon site:

An amazing discovery has been made in the Pokémon TCG!  Pokémon BREAK Evolution opens a new path to power that builds on a Pokémon's existing strengths and creates all-new battling options!  These new Pokémon BREAK come from twin worlds, home to Zoroark BREAK, Mega Mewtwo X, and Mega Mewtwo Y.  One world of technology, one world of nature, and all the wonders of BREAK Evolution are yours to explore in the Pokémon TCG: XY—BREAKthrough expansion!

Are you all ready for this?!?!?!?  I thought so.

There's 162 cards in the set, with common, uncommon, and rare cards.  It also appears to have different levels of the rare cards.  I don't know.  I scanned a pack before one of the boys ran off with it and who knows where the cards are now.  Here's what they got:


#7 - Chespin
#9 - Chespin
#129 - Rufflet
#71 - Woobat

It's a Chespin hot pack.  All four cards are commons.  Kinda lame to have to common Chespins; I'll root for the one on the left since he likes to nosh.

#86 - Pancham
#86 - Pancham (Foil)
#155 - Glalie-EX

I apologize, it's a Pancham hot pack.  Both Panchams are commons.  Based on the checklist, the Pancham foil card is part of the parallel set, while the evil-looking Glalie-EX is a Rare Ultra card.  Now the collector in me wants to find it and store it for the kids...I mean it's a Rare Ultra card!
#88 - Cacturne
#28 - Seaking
#145 - Parallel City

3 Uncommon cards end the pack.  Those two are some freaky lookin' Pokemon.  Can those crazy kids with their Pokemon Go catch these guys by pointing their phone at this page?  No, that's not how it works? 

Anyway, that's the pack.  Happy birthday to my newest niece, and thanks for reading!

2 comments: