Thursday, January 19, 2017

1990-91 Pro Set Series II Hockey

Kind of surprised to see that neither series of Pro Set hockey from 1990-91 was on here yet. I just got into hockey and picked up a couple packs.
This set is in the early lead for my favorite hockey set. I love the size of the checklist and the bright colors, which are team color coded.

For series II you get 15 cards, and here we go!
#499 Tony Horacek
I had some cards from this set already and did not scan the duplicates. So you can still see what they look like, I will give you a link to them on the Trading Card Database.
#466 Jean-Jacques Daigneault
#586 Winnipeg Jets Team History I really like this subset. Finishing it is a goal of mine, I have about half now, though many need an upgrade.
#513 Shawn Anderson
#482 Brad Dalgarno
#541 Dave Reid
#636 Mats Sundin
#628 Dennis Vial
#531  Lucien DeBlois

#543 Dave Capuano
#504 Jay Caulfield
#455 Scott Bjugstad
#666 Rick Ley
#702 Mark Vines
#453 Carey Wilson
Here's what the card backs look like. They have a standardized format but they use team colors. The text box on the right is usually gray or blue.
The back of the pack advertises a Pro Set hat, which is probably significantly rarer than any of the cards in this set.

Thanks for reading an expect to see a lot more hockey coming from me soon! 

6 comments:

JediJeff said...

These have been appearing in some hockey repacks and never thought to see if they were posted. Man - I ripped TOO many of these back in the day.

shoeboxlegends said...

Great pack Billy! There are so many errors and variations in this one that it should be a fun one to put together for you. Can't beat two Whalers in the same pack!

CrazieJoe said...

Nice Billy, and it is a fun set with boxes still very cheap if you can find them. Love some of the errors from the set too.

Hackenbush said...

The team colors really make the cards.

Coast To Posts said...

If you find a Paul Gillis bloody nose card, I'll take it off your hands.

Billy Kingsley said...

I'm really glad the Trading Card Database lists the errors and variations because there's no way I'd be able to id them otherwise. Thanks for the comments!