Tuesday, January 23, 2024

2018 Panini Football Retail

Greetings!

Hope everyone is doing well.  It's my first post of the year, so I hope you all have a great 2024, or at minimum, may it be better than 2023.

We got our final 4 NFL teams all set up for Championship weekend.  It's been an interesting playoffs to say the least.  To celebrate, let's show some football cards.  From my Scanned folder, here's a pack my eldest picked up in one of those football repacks.  

Sorry in advance...not sure why I didn't try to retake these pictures.

Assuming this is a retail pack, here's what he got:


#242 - Michael Bennett
#93 - Derek Wolfe

I believe this was the last year of the "Panini Football" line.  It's as if this was the equivalent to Panini's NBA Hoops, since they have the "traded to" or "signed by" text here on Michael Bennett's card.


#33 - Tre'Davious White
#54 - Kyle Fuller

White is still with the Bills, but he's been hurt the last couple of years.  Bummer how they lost to the Chiefs.


#235 - Jordy Nelson 
#376 - Connor Williams (RC)

There's 400 cards in the set, with the last 100 being Short Printed Rookies.  Here's the checklist if you're interested.  

Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, and Saquon Barkley were among the rookies that year.  Connor's still in the league, playing for Miami.


#203 - Michael Thomas
#122 - Whitney Mercilus

The design is minimalistic; I like it overall, though I'm surprised they went with a "P" logo instead of their Knight logo.

Here are the backs because Playoffs:


Anyway, that's the pack, short and sweet.  I have at least one more pack in the Scanned folder so I'll get that out before the newer stuff.  

Have a good week everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments: