Tuesday, February 23, 2010

1995 Skybox The Adventures of Batman and Robin

The last time I was at my parents' house, I raided our massive collection of non-sports cards and found a bunch of stuff that most of the contributors/readers of this blog probably didn't even know existed. I have upwards of 60 (yes, six-zero) packs of non-sports alone. This blog's mission just got a little more accomplished-er. So, where do I start? Well, might as well start with "A." I give you "The Adventures of Batman & Robin."
Doesn't it kind of look like they're standing in front of the Rebel Alliance logo? Holy Cloud Gotham, Batman! Also, Robin's hands are huge!

#25 - Villains: Killer Croc - This is fine howdoyado to open the pack. Very welcoming face. I have to say this isn't a great card. If you're going to show off the villains, give us a full body shot. I'd never guess this is a Croc(odile).

#71 - Case #570: House & Garden - Wow. So, I guess to make this product, Skybox hired someone to pause the VCR and take screen grabs of a couple episodes. Those diagonal lines are a result of my scanner, but the blurry lines along the drawings of Uma Thurman and some baby monsters are all on-card.

#60 - Case #566: Sideshow - I'm saving you the agony of seeing the hideous front to show you the full body shot of Killer Croc that should have been on the first card. I guess I was wrong. Their way IS more interesting. I hate how the card numbers are set up, and definitely thought there were over 500 cards in the set for a moment.

#90 - Checklist - That is until I got this bad boy. I think we all hate getting checklists, but I like this one, because it tells me I should be happy I got Killer Croc instead of an even lamer villain such as #26, Clock King.

#P1 - Batman - There's one of these pop-up cards in every pack. I suppose it's cool that I got our hero, but the picture on the front is really way too bland for me....


Woah! Who saw that coming! I take it back. These pop-ups are actually pretty cool. Please don't hit me again, Mr. Wayne. Batman. Sir.

#39 - Allies: Talia - Look out! She's going to kick you in the face! I have no idea who this is, but the name's been trademarked, so be careful naming your daughters.

#37 - Allies: Harvey Bullock - So, this is where I admit I never watched the cartoon. My brother was always the bigger comic guy and I'm pretty sure I stole this pack from him.

#13 - Batman & Robin: An Able Ally - Look out! He's going to punch you in the face with his disproportionate hand! Oh, no wait. He's paused.

Well, it looks like the pack covered almost all the bases. I didn't get a 1:36 thermal card or 1:11 foil, but I got the main characters. Would it have been too much to ask for a Riddler card? I have more Batman cards to break in the future so you know what that means. Be here at the same Bat Time on the same Bat Blog for some more Bat Breaks!

No comments: