Wednesday, December 14, 2011

2003 Fleer Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Series 1


Greetings!

A couple of weeks ago, I was in the crawlspace getting the Christmas decorations out when I came across several boxes of my non-sports cards.  Looks like I'll have something to add to the site after I'm done with the sports posts.  Anyway, I grabbed a few I knew wasn't on here for scanning and will be posting them for all to enjoy.

Not sure specifically where I got this pack.  I know I didn't buy it, so I believe it was a giveaway at one of the several conventions I went to during my carefree youth.  Good thing too, because it would have sucked if I spent good money on this one.  Here's a pack of 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cards!





By the way, this is the third TMNT set we have on the site, all from Fleer and all from 2003.  Fleer was really milking it back then.

You see the odds of getting a couple of the inserts listed on the pack.  Several interweb searches finally led me to discover that there were 125 cards in the base set.  Here's what I got:





#19 – Donatello:  Weaknesses
#39 - Michelangelo:  Weapon

Not sure if the images are from the cartoon.  I would image the Donatello one was.  I am impressed with the Mikey image.




#122 - Checklist
#19 – Donatello:  Weaknesses (back)
#111 - Puzzle:  C / Piece:  9

Showing you the back of the Donatello card, because, yes, it's a duplicate.  I would have thought that this travesty was a characteristic of the old wax packs, but oh well, at least the pack was free.




Here's the back of the checklist and the Puzzle card, for those who are interested.

Well, that's the pack.  It appeared the set has some potential, if the Mikey artwork as any indication.  My next few posts will have some robots, as well as a Trek to a Galaxy Far, Far Away...

Thanks for reading!

No comments: