Wednesday, August 13, 2014

1975 Topps Good Times


I haven't posted here in quite a while, so I looked over the list of packs and went on a hunt for things we have not yet opened. That led me to some vintage non-sport packs. One of those is this thing of beauty: 1975 Topps Good Times! DYN-O-MITE!!


The fronts are created from stills of the TV show. The images take up the whole card other than a white border. On each still, a comic-style balloon recounts a line from the show used during the scene.


In addition, each pack has a sticker. I pulled J.J. Walker and one of his then-famous lines. The stickers are VERY 70's with thick outlines around the diecut image.


I forgot to scan a back, but the backs have either a puzzle piece or a "Behind the scenes" bit of info on them. There were different puzzles, so you might pull Card 10 of Puzzle A (as the card above is). According to the back, there are 55 cards in the set. Not a very big set.




Inside the pack was gum from 1975. No, I am not eating it.


This pack brought back some fond memories of watching "Good Times" on TV as a kid. I would have been 6 or 7 when this show was on. What a fun trip!

6 comments:

shoeboxlegends said...

Holy crap, MUST get one of those jive turkey stickers for myself!

--David said...

You got it! Shoot me an email: davidinark (at] google's mail service.

Fuji said...

DYN-O-MITE!!

Hackenbush said...

Cool! The oughta sight joke reminds me of a Chico Marx line, "You have it. And you can keep it!"

The Junior Junkie said...

Yeah, the JJ sticker is, like, perfect.

Trish McGarry said...

Are these good time cards worth anything