Wednesday, February 15, 2017

2013-14 Score Mike Modano Tribute

At one of the local card shows on Saturday, I picked up a couple of packs of cards, not sure exactly what they were.  They were in the seller's dollar box, so knowledge wasn't vital to my purchase.



After opening one of them, I discovered that it was a set of some sort.  A quick interwebz search found a link from Panini about the set.  It was a giveaway at the Match 8, 2014 Dallas Stars game.  That night, Mike Modano's number was retired at American Airlines Center.











The last card has a coupon on the back for 10% off from Panini.

Happy collecting!

8 comments:

Chris said...

Nice little tribute set. I wonder if there were similar sets for any other players. Thanks for sharing!

Kin said...

I don't know of any others, but this is where I found the info that I found...

https://blog.paniniamerica.net/tag/2013-14-score-hockey/

John Bateman said...

i WONDER IF THE PHOTOS CORRESPOND TO THE EVENT.

Billy Kingsley said...

Nice Oddball find. Panini is known for doing team handout sets (that are very tough to find) but player sets is unusual.

Fuji said...

Cool set. Hated the Stars... but was always a big fan of Modano.

Matt Pederson said...

I got to meet Modano last year when he was up here for the Stadium Series alumni game. I grew up in Texas and live in Minnesota now, so it was great to meet a guy with connections to both hockey markets. He was so nice and really seemed to enjoy talking with the fans.

http://notpulledfrompacks.blogspot.com/2016/02/mike-modano-dino-ciccarelli-signing.html

shoeboxlegends said...

Very cool, had never heard of these before, I like them!

Hackenbush said...

Excellent. Love special sets like that.