Wednesday, March 24, 2021

2020 Topps Update Series Blaster Box Player Coin Card

Greetings...

Hope everyone is doing well.  We made it though the first weekend of March Madness (normalcy!) with only one game cancellation due to The Virus (reality!).  My bracket's busted (normalcy and reality!) so here's a quickie post:


Before word got to me that 2020 Topps Update wasn't so great, I grabbed 2 blaster boxes from the Target near work.  I haven't bought blaster boxes in recent years; like many of you, I was turned off by the bonus card.  I wanted memorabilia, not a manu-patch.  But the age of The Virus means desperate measures and when I saw new product available, I pounced. 


Here's the side of the blaster which shows the Player Coin checklist.  I assume TBC means Topps Baseball Coin.  


The Player Coin is wrapped individually, so it counts as a pack!  I got 2 Coins so here they are:



#TBC-FT - Fernando Tatis Jr.

Not too bad to get a coin of one of the young studs.

When I opened the second pack, I was sarcastically complaining that the Coin isn't in the card straight:



#TBC-FF - Freddie Freeman (Black parallel #193/199)

I did a double take when I saw the serial number on the bottom left.  There are Coin parallels?  Of course there are!  It took a moment before I noticed the darker edges around the Coin on the front.

Anyway, those are the packs.  They're nice and all, and they'll fit in my collection nicely, sure, but I still rather have a relic card as the bonus.

Enjoy the rest of the week, and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Brett Alan said...

I bought one of these blasters. I got Nico Hoerner. A bit of a disappointment.

Fuji said...

Nice. Two of the best hitters in the game... and both are candidates for this year's NL MVP.