Tuesday, January 04, 2011

1995 Score Series 2

I've heard a great deal of negative things about 1995 Score. If you want to judge it by its wrapper, then... sure... that's fair. I happen to think the design, or at least the base design, is one of the best base level Score efforts. The photography also happens to be pretty good (or at least interesting) which is par for the course for Score. I picked this pack up for 50 cents recently.

393 - Cal Eldred (I share something with this former Cardinals reliever that my girlfriend always lets me hear about.)

437 - Ken Griffey Jr. (Great looking card of one of the most iconic players of the '90s.)

422 - Kenny Lofton (Another winner.)

394 - Jason Bere

589 - Darren Bragg Gold Rush (Unfortunately, these "gold rush" parallels are kind of hideous.)

561 - Tony Gwynn Hitters Inc. (Okay, I guess this is where my love affair with 1995 Score ends. Great player... great pack so far, even. But this subset is an absolute eyesore.)

582 - Chan Ho Park

604 - Checklist

455 - Bret Boone (Making the turn...)

497 - Armando Reynoso

528 - Salomon Torres

473 - Bill Taylor (Well, you can't win 'em all. At least this picture is better than the creepy Hitters Inc. eyes.)

5 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

The Griffey, Lofton and Boone cards are all winners. The Gwynn card, well your litte "eyesore" comment captured it. I don't know if you meant that as a pun, but it was funny.

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Baseballislife1984 said...

the base cards are actually pretty nice!

Todd Uncommon said...

I remember that I bought a bunch of these back in 1995, after I had taken about a six year break from collecting. The break was partly because of school, partly because of different interests at the time, and partly because I couldn't find a reason to buy pretty much anything from 1988-1994.

There's a "Score Rules" subset that I remember that I liked at the time, and still looks decent by today's standards.

LoCoDe said...

So what's the Cal Eldred story?