Wednesday, October 29, 2014

2014 Topps Valor Football Hobby Pack


I recently celebrated my 5th blogaversary over at Collector's Crack and I thought what better present to the blog then to sign up to be a contributor to this one.  I mean I've been reading a A Pack To Be Named Later for years and contemplated joining up for just as long.  So I took the plunge.  I won't say I buy a ton of packs anymore, mainly because there are so few reasonably priced packs to buy.  I really miss the time I could go into to a hobby shop and walk out with a hand full of packs of lots of different brands for $20.  But that's a rant for another place and time.

My first offering is this pack of 2014 Topps Valor Football Hobby.  Valor has been available in Topps 2014 Football Mega boxes at retail stores for a while now, but Valor Hobby came out only about a week ago.


So lets get to the cards.





#26 Odell Beckman Jr - Rookie card.  So far Odell has 3 TD receptions on the year.


#104 NaVorro Bowman




#36 Carlos Hyde - Rookie Card  Backing up the aging Frank Gore, Carlos has amassed 2 rushing TDs and 161 yards so far in his rookie season.





#70 Darelle Revis




#195 Sheldon Richardson




Our lone insert was the Speed parallel of Vernon Davis, I guess this was a Niners hot pack.  These Speed parallels come one per hobby pack.



Overall a pretty terrible pack for a Packers fan like myself, but the cards don't look terrible. Although they do look more like a Panini product than Topps.

2 comments:

Ryan Freedman said...

Would you be open to selling or trading the Beckman card?

cynicalbuddha said...

I'd be more than willing to trade it to you ryan