Monday, December 15, 2014

2014 Topps Update Chrome Baseball


I was out doing some Christmas shopping and passed by the card rack and notice that Topps once again put out a "value" box of Update with Chrome Update bonus packs.  I use quotations because you get 5 eight card packs of Update and 2 four card packs of Update Chrome for $15. Which really isn't that great of a deal, but since it's the only place to get packs of Update Chrome you have to pay the piper. They also didn't call it a Megabox this year.

The checklist is small.  Just 55 base cards and only 2 parallel refractors, but there is the chance of relics and autograph relics.  There also is only one insert set, but more on that later. 

This shouldn't take so long with only 4 cards in the pack lets take a look.




One of the two rookies I would have wanted to pull.


And I got one of the only inserts in the set.  I have to say I really like the look of these verses their unchromed counterparts.


My team, the Brewers, only has one card in the whole set and that's Jonathan Lucroy's relic, no base cards, no auto relics, so I don't have much to chase and really no reason to buy anymore.

2 comments:

night owl said...

I love the Chrome WS inserts. But probably not enough to buy a box.

The Junior Junkie said...

Same here. Great insert.