Monday, August 10, 2020

2020 Topps Total Wave #6

Who remembers Topps Total from early 2000s? Topps largest set and it was well priced at $1 a pack. Topps brought Total back last year as online exclusive releasing the packs in waves for $10 a pack. Thing is they do not release checklist on the wave til certain time frame to purchase a pack passed. You are going in as a blind draw. This year I decide to try my luck and see what comes out of it. The pack I bought is wave #6 featuring cards 501-600. It's delivered in a box with a pack inside just like Topps Finest.
560 - Jordan Luplow - the cards are glossy front to back with no stats. Just text highlights on the back of the card.
520 - Cy Sneed - Astros player for my team collection and its a rookie. Very shaky along rest of bullpen early this season. I'm still afraid of the pitchers with Dusty Baker managing the team.
545 - Randal Grichuk - locked out of Toronto due to covid the team temporary making their home in Buffalo this season.
570 - D.J. LeMahieu
501 - Colten Brewer - first card of the wave #6 portion of the set.
569 - Tommy Kahnle
574 - Taylor Clarke
586 - Travis Demeritte - one of his first official rookie card despite having Bowman Draft Pick card in 2013
589 - Duane Underwood Jr.
575 - Brandon Woodruff - an All-Star last year. Assumes he doesn't have any injuries issue in coming few years he going be Brewers ace.
592 - Nick Wittgren (7/10) -  red border parallel card numbered to 10. One comes in every pack that it can be numbered from /1, /5, or /10.

I feel I got hosed but I collect for fun. Know anyone who attempted 2019 or this year's Topps Total set?

4 comments:

P-town Tom said...

I built the 2002 Topps Total set, including the inserts. It was fun, but have no desire to do it now with the price point Topps has set.

Rod (Padrographs) said...

I did the Padres team set last year and am doing it again this year. I wait until they are on ebay and buy the singles I need.

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

I'm with Rod except Braves instead of Padres.

Fuji said...

I like the design... but have never purchased any packs. I did receive some A's singles from Rod though :)