Wednesday, January 30, 2019

2018 Topps Fire Gold Minted Pack

Greetings from one of the coldest inhabited places on Earth...Chicago!

It was -21 degrees at 8 this morning when I took my wife to work (I'm not doing anything) with wind chills at -50 degrees +.  Tomorrow we may get to 0.  School was closed Monday (due to 7 inches of snow Sunday night), today, and maybe tomorrow.  Lots of businesses are closed.  In some places the USPS will deny their old slogan even existed.  It's not pleasant out there.

It's been a while since I posted, but I'll put a quickie one up here now.  We need some heat on this really cold day...it's the Gold Minted pack from 2018 Topps Fire!


The Gold Minted packs come in Topps Fire blaster boxes only.  My eldest son got a box a while ago (don't remember why) and I was able to take some pics before he took them away...he's afraid I'll take them away and claim them as my own.  Here's what he got:


#126 - Randy Johnson
#13 - Joe Mauer

It's what you expect...it's Topps Fire, but gold....GGGGGOOOOOOLLLLLLDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!


#147 - Brian Anderson
#106 - Starlin Castro (with the shout out to Upper Deck X)

He wasn't too pleased with the 2 Marlins, but he at least recognized Castro as a former Cub.  Here are the backs because GGGGGOOOOOOLLLLLLDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!


OK, that's the pack.  More later eventually.  Stay warm my friends!

4 comments:

P-town Tom said...

That pack started out pretty hot, but ended on the not so hot side.
Thanks for sharing!

Fuji said...

-20? That's just insane. Can't even begin to imagine these temperatures. Keep warm.

Bulldog said...

Not a fan of the Topps Fire baseball. These gold versions don't change my thinking any. That said I wouldn't mind seeing these in hand. This is the first I've seen them. Good post and the Johnson and Mauer are good pulls.

flywheels said...

I only purchased fat packs of 2018 Fire so I never saw these Gold Minted cards. Meh...I like the Blue Chip parallels better.