Monday, December 10, 2018

2018 Topps Stranger Things Season 1 Hobby Pack

If you're about my age chances are you really loved the retro feel of Netflix's Stranger Things.  It reminded me of a mash up of the Goonies, Gremlins, and Aliens, all of which I still love. Topps' Season 1 keeps that retro feel by being issued in a similar style to Topps' 80's and 90's tie-in sets.  The set uses not quite but pretty close vintage style card stock.  There are also stickers found one pack.  Of course to keep with the times there are also plenty of parallels and other inserts to be had.  Hobby boxes promise one auto or sketch card per box.  There are also relics and other goodies to be had depending on if get the cards from a hobby box or retail.  I will most likely be just buying a complete set off the internet as pack prices make this set pretty cost prohibited to put together from packs, but since most box breakers are looking for the hits base set are going for about half the cost of a blaster.  Spoiler: I didn't hit anything spectacular from my one pack but I really did enjoy the overall look and feel of the base cards.  Let's have a look at what I got.













 My one per pack sticker....

 If anyone is interested the NPN address for this product is:
NPN 2018 Topps Stranger Things - NPN Group 20, PO Box 5013, Scranton, PA 18505.

4 comments:

Big Tone said...

Love the vintage look of these cards.The last time I ever collected movie themed cards was as a kid.I must have been 5 and thought I was so important ,walking around with a stack of E.T. cards.

SumoMenkoMan said...

Awesome. I love this set! Thanks for sharing.

Bulldog said...

This is a great show and the cards look equally good. That vintage feel it gives off is cool.

Fuji said...

Awesome set! Just busted open two blasters and two packs yesterday.