Sunday, October 18, 2009

2009 Cards One Historic Vintage Collection

I look for baseball cards anywhere I go. You never know where you will find a pack. I was at Dollar Tree on Friday and I spotted a rack of trading cards. They had football packs, basketball packs and hockey packs from recognizable companies.

I almost walked away disappointed, until I spotted something unusual. It looked like a baseball player on steroids and I didn't recognize the packaging. Then it hit me. This was the same type of deal that I had seen at Wal-Mart a few years ago. The package claims to possibly hold something of value, but it never does.

Historic Star Card in Every Pack

Packs may contain: Trading cards from the 1960's, 70's, 80's & 90's

What the heck, it's only a buck for 15 cards. How bad could it be?

All single trading cards included are a random selection of out of production trading cards, and are not guaranteed to include any specific person, player, team, manufacturer, brand, entertainment type or value.

No entertainment or value? Must be one heck of a Historic Star Card!

Approximate odds per pack: Historic Star Card 1:1 Packs: Vintage Baseball Trading Card 20 years or older 1:5 Packs: Vintage Baseball Trading Card 30 Years or Older 1:10 Packs: Vintage Baseball Trading Card 40 Years or Older 1:100 Packs.

So the odds of me getting a Nolan Ryan rookie card are about the same as me pulling a 1967 Vic Davalillo?

Stated odds reflect an average of the entire production run. No ratio is guaranteed to exist within a single pack, display box, or master case.

Does that mean that I may not even get a Historic Star Card?

Cardsone does not make, in any manor, any representations as to the present or future value of trading cards inserted into any of their packs.

Me thinks there's nothing but junk wax in here.

This product is not sponsored, endorsed, or affiliated with the Topps Company, Inc, The Upper Deck Company, LLC, Donruss Playoff, LP, Fleer/Skybox International, LP or any other trading card company.

Stolen junk wax?

Cardsone is a registered Trademark and is not affiliated with any sports league, team, player or organization(S).

Kinda just sucks the life right of you, doesn't it?

After all that pleasantry, let's see what cards were in this dollar pack from the dollar store.

1990 Topps #225 - Jim Deshaies
1988 Fleer #451 - Bob Knepper
1990 Topps Traded #1T - Darrel Akerfelds
1992 Score #173 - Mike Pagliarulo
1991 Topps #385 - Mickey Tettleton
1991 Topps #456 - Charlie Leibrandt
1989 Topps #317 - Jack Armstrong
1989 Topps #129 - Terry Clark
1992 Score # 850 - Bob Zupcic
1994 Stadium Club #58 - Jeff Gardner
1988 Donruss #561 - Lester Lancaster
1988 Donruss #568 - Bill Wilkenson
1990 Score #646 - Kevin Blankenship
1990 Score #518 - Scott Scudder

And the Historic Star Card.....


1993 Donruss #119 - Roger Clemens

Even though it was only a dollar, I feel dirty. And cheated. The company spent more on the legal mumbo jumbo than on the actual cards that fill the pack. I should have known better, but how tempting is 15 cards for a dollar? Even the "star" card is junk wax. Yuck!

3 comments:

--David said...

I guess I'll be taking trip to the dollar store soon. I'm a sucker for cheap wax. :-)

beardy said...

Wow, that could possibly be the worst pack rip in the history of pack rips.

Anonymous said...

Not only did I get Bipped with two of the cards having dupes within the same pack, the Tettleton you got was easily better than anything in my pack. There was no star...

Oh well, at least I got a soccer jersey of a pretty good player out of an MLS pack from there. Ya wins some, ya lose some. :d