Wednesday, August 24, 2011

2011 Topps Series 2 Baseball Throwback Patch Blaster Pack

And so our journey comes to an end. But don't fret, my children. Update is just around the corner. I don't know how much I'll buy, but probably some. I still need a few code cards to get that set you unlock at 45 unique rings.

Very fast and easy, this. As was the case in series 1, there is no checklist on the blaster, so I have no clue who we might find. On one hand, I wish I knew ahead of time if I need to be looking out for one of my guys. On the other, there's something to be said for complete and utter mystery.

We're teasing things again. We know it's a Padre. The year says 1978. From our last patch, we know that means nothing, since a 1954 Reds patch ended up being Joey Votto. But for fun, let's see who from the roster might be on this thing.

Rollie Fingers, ok. Gaylord Perry, sure I suppose. Ooo,Ozzie Smith. That could be interesting. Dave Winfield, solid choice. Those are the top four candidates. So, which one is it?


None of the above, and I couldn't be happier! A player I collect! I believe I opened 4 blasters of series 2, and this was the last of the batch. This sucker just saved me a spontaneous ebay purchase. This could only be cooler if it was the Friar instead of the team name.

Well, thank you to all for playing along. Perhaps now we can virtually put 2011 Series 2 to rest. Except for the hobby packs, rack packs, jumbo packs, cereal boxes, etc. But I'll leave those to someone else.