Saturday, March 14, 2015

2014 Topps MLB Chipz

Greetings!

Happy Pi Day!  Hope everyone is celebrating merrily according to his or her beliefs.  Or maybe all the hooting and hollering is due to this being St. Patrick Day weekend.  In any event, drink up or eat up responsibly.

Anyway, I couldn't let Pi Day fade away without a pack.  However, Topps no longer makes American Pie.  Lucky for me I still have this in my Scan Folder...2014 Topps MLB CHiPS!

Sorry Ponch, wrong Chips

Er, 2014 Topps MLB Chipz!

Borrowed from the Jedi's post because I forgot to scan the pack.
So yeah, it's a chip, like a pie, so that's close enough.

Anyway, there's 4 chips, 1 sticker attached to a chip, and a game board.  I thought I scanned the game board, but it's not on my computer.  It's similar to last year's though, and if I find it laying around, I'll update the post.  There's lots of parallel chips to collect, and if you're lucky, you may pull a relic chip, which would be a piece of wood in the place of the player's face.

Anyway, here's what I got:


No # - Nick Swisher
No # - Dustin Pedroia
No # - Madison Bumbarner
No # - Jason Castro (Red parallel)

Note the sticker's on the Pedroia chip.  You can peel it off and re-stick it anywhere, so it's not a traditional sticker we all know and love. 

There's no numbers on the chips, er, chipz, but there are a 100 players represented, and 10 players with relic chips, er, chipz.  The Red parallel comes 1 in every 2 packs, so it's the most common.  Here are the backs:


And for those demanding to see the Pedroia chip sans-sticker, here it is:


Anyway, that's the pack.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and thanks for reading!

No comments: