Thursday, May 31, 2018

2018 Bowman Retail

Greetings!

Hope everyone is doing well.  2018 Bowman...the set that has set the hobby ablaze.  Why's that?  Because of this.  The May 11 deadline has come and gone and I didn't read about an update, so I don't know if anyone cashed in on the $100K offer...but that hasn't stopped collectors from buying boxes and boxes of the stuff.  My Target has yet to stock any of it, but this past weekend I was making a final Toys R Us run and decided to try out the nearby Target.  They had no boxes but they did have a full gravity feed box, so hey why not?  It's a pack of 2018 Bowman!


10 cards per pack, here's the checklist.  Did I snag the prized Ohtani?  Of course not...here's what I got:


#79 - Buster Posey
#86 - Rougned Odor

Standard clean Bowman design.  I'm not a prospector so I don't usually get Bowman unless it's in a discount box. 


#49 - Shohei Ohtani (RC)
#3 - Corey Kluber

Hooray!  Got the base card in my pack, making my kid real jealous.  Kinda quells the urge to keep buying packs of Opening Day to try to get the Ohtani RC there.


#BCP33 - James Nelson
##-AP - A.J. Puk (Bowman Trending)

Here's where the pack starts to get uninteresting.  The Bowman Trending set comes 1 in 6 packs.


#BP116 - Khalil Lee
#BCP26 - Alfredo Rodriguez

I'm surprised the two Chrome cards didn't come next to each other.


#BP148 - Trevor Rogers
#BP95 - Jorge Mateo

Mateo was traded to the A's in the Sonny Gray deal.  I wonder if the Bowmaners had to do the quick photoshop job of the A's jersey after just finishing up the photoshop job of the Yankees jersey.

Here's some backs because Ohtani:


Anyway, that's the pack.  Enjoy the Stanley Cup Final (something unnatural about a first year expansion team in the Final) and the NBA Finals (I say Golden State wins Warriors / Cavs IV in 6).  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Bulldog said...

The Ohtani card really made that a win. You have to be happy when you can grab him when picking up only a single pack. Good job.