Monday, January 11, 2016

2015-16 Panini Complete Basketball

I picked up a couple packs from Bosco's trade night last week.  There wasn't too much new that didn't break the bank, but I hadn't seen the Panini Complete Basketball before so I picked up a pack, plus it was cheap.

I'm not a big basketball guy, but I really like the look of the set.  It's simple, clean with great photographs, even if it looks like it's been run though photoshop a few times.
I think the backs could have been better, maybe with a player portrait.






You also get one Panini Dunk app adverstisment.  I'm not a fan of the app.
No inserts, but you do get one parallel per pack, usually a silver and here is my silver.


2 comments:

RAZ said...

The Dunk app is pretty clunky. I like the idea of Panini Complete, but I think they went a little too far to the minimalist side. There's a perfect balance out there somewhere and I think they swung the pendulum a bit too far. You need something like the base checklist and parallels of an Upper Deck Collector's Choice product melded with the inserts of a Topps Opening Day product, in my opinion.

Billy Kingsley said...

Another set where I was too slow to post it. I love the set. Calling it complete though is a joke. There are 450 players in the NBA, not 330. It's better than Panini has done since 2009-10 but it's not complete by any means. This is the first set to include photography from the 2015-16 season.