Monday, February 29, 2016

2014 Topps U.S. Winter Olympic and Paralympic pack



I ended up picking up two deep discounted blasters of Topps' 2014 Winter Olymipics blasters.  I've decided to post the best pack out of the two blasters, because I can.

First up we have local Anchorage, Alaska celebrity Kikkan Randall.










Each pack comes with two foil parallels, unless you get a hit.  Here is a bronze parallel of figure skater Max Aaron.


So while I didn't grab an autograph out of either box I also didn't pull any manurelics.  I was lucky enough to hit this pretty awesome Gracie Gold Silver relic card numbered to 50! Sadly my scanner really doesn't like bright pink.  As the swatch is a really cool bright pink, not white.

 
If you're curious what my other hit was out of the other box it was poster boy and two time gold medal winner Shani Davis, sadly Shani didn't place in 2014.


4 comments:

RAZ said...

One of our local Olympic celebrities (skier Picabo Street) is in legal trouble right now for throwing her dad down the stairs. I guess you have to stay in the limelight somehow when your Olympic star fades.

shoeboxlegends said...

Pretty epic mustache on that Fletcher dude...

Hackenbush said...

I think Topps did a nice job with this set and the previous one. I'd buy them again. Nice Gracie pull.

Play at the Plate said...

Sweet. That Gracie is high in my want list. Congrats and thanks for sharing. I bought a few discounted hobby boxes and got some nice ones. Also got some great TTMs from Kikkan.