Tuesday, June 05, 2018

1991 Champs Hi Flyers Motocross

All things early 1990s trading cards were on fire back in the day.  We were all supposed to get rich, or die trying.  These 1991 Premier Edition Champs Hi Flyers Motocross Trading Cards, with their pink and purply pack, were going to get us there.  Heck, they even threw in a free sticker to make you feel like you were getting a deal because they were "too hot to hold down!"  Good stuff all around.  There are 10 cards in this pack so grab your favorite spirit and kick up your feet, it is time to cash these bad boys in.


Congratulations are in order.  I have chosen wisely.


I was going to do these individually, but I don't know any motocross racers so you get these 8 in one photo.  I kind of like the design with the 1990s Saved-By-The-Bell style background on the cards.  I think the best card I got was the Mike LaRocco who was elected to the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame in 2014.

I scored a Jeff Stanton card who was elected to the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame in 2000.  Here is my obligatory sticker and limited offer for a hat and race cap.  Actually, that shirt is pretty sweet and I went onto eBay to see if I could buy one.  No luck, but I am keeping an eye out.


Here is a shot of the back.  Mac here is sporting a great 'stache and a sweet mullet.  For those that can't read the impossibly small writing on the back, Mac is 23 and single.  Watch out ladies....


There you have it.  Did anyone collect any of these back in the day?

1 comment:

Rebel Coyote said...

Jeff Ward decide go race four open wheel cars going up to Indycar winning one race. Later on he would drive at X-Games winning gold.