Sunday, March 06, 2022

2022 Topps Baseball Series 1

This was also from the hobby box I won.  The chase card this year so far seems to be the Wander Franco RC.  So the first card of the first back I opened was a Franco so got that out of the way early which was good because didn't see any others in the rest of the box.  I like the design seems to me to be pretty clean good photos and can read names easily the backs are pretty standard for Topps. Each hobby pack has 14 cards and there are endless inserts, parallels, autographs & relics. Let me know what you think in the comments of these new Topps cards.

Shohei Ohtani on front of Pack

Odds of the numerous inserts

First half of pack with the Franco RC

Franco Back & backs of base

Second half of pack with an 1987 insert of Arenado 

Back of the insert Arenado


3 comments:

bbcardz said...

I picked up two hobby boxes and collation was really good--no dupes in each separate box. The design is clean but a bit bland. The readability of the nameplate is a major improvement over last year. However, the player's position is really difficult to read. With 18 inserts in a 24-pack hobby box, it makes it much more difficult to complete insert sets.

Kicky Sam said...

The 1987 cards are what would sell me a box/pack of this product for sure.

Jafronius said...

Yes, a much better design than last year, but I also agree that the player position is too light.