Friday, July 20, 2018

2018 Topps Allen and Ginter Hobby Pack

I stopped into my Local Comic Book Shop Bosco's on Wednesday for New Comic Book Day and decided to pick a couple packs of new product up. 
I will start this off by saying I'm a huge Allen and Ginter fan.  I've loved the product and still love the product, but it's mainly for the non-baseball inserts and people put into the set.  But the cards have a great feel and the design this year is very Ginteresce.   Let's have a look at what I pulled.

First up a guy I have a small PC for so that's nice. Hammerin' Hank Aaron.





Not a bad sampling of what Ginter has to offer, two active players, to HOFers, and one tennis star.

My mini was a regular back Zack Greike.

I also pulled the main player insert set: World Talent.  50 cards in the set dropping 1:4.

And much to my surprise I pulled the one per box, 1:24 packs, Home Run Challenge card.  The card seems so out of place in the product, but after looking at ebay it made the pack worth it.

2 comments:

Bulldog said...

Nice pulls. I really like the Aaron, Stephens and Harper cards. I still don't care for the minis. They are a waste of a card to me. This is my first look at this year's set so thanks. I'll definitely look for some to open up.

Matt Prigge said...

It bugs the hell out of me that they still do that numbers spelled out gimmick in the back of AG. It's so lazy... try something new!