Sunday, July 29, 2018

Branson on Stage

I was driving and on the way I stopped by Heart of Texas Country Museum in Brady. This small free museum have a gift shop where I found a pack of these. This set was produced in 1992 consisting of 99 cards. Let's see who in past country music graced on this set.
8 - Danny Davis - I got two of his cards in the pack. Leader of Nashville Brass performing til he was 80 in 2005. He passed away in 2008.
34 - Janie Fricke - success in the 80s where she won CMA female vocalist of the year.
11 - Jimmie Rodgers - known for his hits Honeycomb and Bo Didley
10 - Debby Campbell - daughter of the late Glen Campbell
9 - Dick Curless - one of his suits is on display at the Heart of Texas Country Museum. Passed away in 1995
7 - Wayne Francis - ventriloquist performer who can act and play music at same time
6 - Roy Clark - well known for hosting TV show Hee-Haw
20 - Mark Jones - son of Grandpa Jones
19 - Moffatts - talk about being kids in the spotlight. Canadian country band would get away from country and venture into pop rock. They split up and got back together for farewell tour. They released a single this year.

This might be better than Panini attempt at country music cards.

6 comments:

Brett Alan said...

Fascinating stuff.

I must say, though, it's really hyperbole to say Danny Davis discovered Herman's Hermits. He just picked up their US rights.

Billy Kingsley said...

I can't think of Branson without thinking of the episode of the Simpsons where they went there. Actually, I want to go there specifically because they have ostrich races!

Matt Prigge said...

No, pally, this is BRONSON, Missouri.

Bulldog said...

Fun cards. I've never seen these before and can say I only know a few of the entertainers. Still a lot of fun. Good stuff.

SumoMenkoMan said...

The Wild West of early 1990s sets was awesome. Everything went and the variety of sets is so fascinating. Thanks for sharing!

Fuji said...

Awesome stuff. I want to find some packs... so I can pull a Shoji Tabuchi for my Japanese PC.