Thursday, May 26, 2011

2004 Fleer Classic Clippings Baseball (Hobby)

Since I'm a semi-regular contributor to this blog, it's only right that I use my not-so recent group break to pad the listings on here. What good is it to open a pack without contributing to the cause? So, I'm going to be featuring one pack from each of the seven boxes I opened for the group break. In each case, this will be the first pack seen on video. That means, if you've already watched months ago, then you know what's coming.

I love packs that ask us to find cards that most people have no actual chance of finding. I'm not saying I don't understand why they say these things, but I prefer something a little more attainable. Something that would be in every box, for instance. But enough yappin'. Let's see what Ghost Pujols has in store for us.


#57 - Brian Giles - Good job Brian! You caught that "D" right in the webbing of the glove. All while only looking slightly awkward.


#29 - Mike Piazza - From the look on his face, I'm going to guess this is a big swing and a miss. Because Piazza played during the years I didn't follow baseball, it amazes me how many people collect him. I completely underrate him for some reason.


#31 - Miguel Cabrera - Pre-Tigers. Pre-first base. Pre-catch. Probably not pre-alcoholism, unfortunately. Honestly, I'm surprised it doesn't happen to more ball players.


#74 - Andy Pettitte - If you thought the card fronts wasted a lot of space, take a look at the backs. They give a box score from a single game, then practice caligraphy underneath it all. I wonder how they picked the games.


#56 - Jason Kendall - Kendall is not helping his "I promise I'm not the missing link" argument here.

I think many of us want to see some products put out an all-horizontal set. Classic Clippings shows us why this won't always work. They clipped out the good stuff in favor of making the product name as big as humanly possible on the front and back. Not the best box of the break. I didn't even get a triple patch out of 25!

No comments: