Sunday, December 02, 2012

2007 Ace Straight Sets


I recently placed an order over at Dave and Adam's Cardworld and received a box of 2007 Ace Straight Sets for free.  Now, I'm not going to sit here and profess my love for tennis.  I own a racket and  have played three or four times in the past decade, but that's about the extent of my fandom.

So why did I pick this product?  Well... it's pretty simple actually.  I wanted a shot at pulling this:


You don't have to be a tennis fan to know Maria Sharapova and the fact that she's smoking hot.  Unfortunately, I didn't pull a card of her (hence the COMC image)... but here's a look at what I pulled out of my first pack:

#33 Robby Ginepri

Mr. Ginepri is currently ranked #283 on the ATP World Tour.  According to Wikipedia, he participated on Spike TV's Pros vs. Joes with Rik Smits, Rob Dibble, and Andre Rison.


#AC5  Rafael Nadal

Outside of my guaranteed memorabilia card, this was the only other insert in the box and one of the few names I recognized in the product.  Nadal is currently the 4th ranked male in the world.


#1 Ai Sugiyama

Believe it or not, this was one of my favorite cards in the box because it's actually going into my Japanese athlete binder.  Sugiyama retired in 2009 and had a very successful doubles career.


#44 Aljoscha Thron

I've never heard of this guy and can't seem to find much about his tennis career.  However, I did discover that 28% of the people who took this poll, think he's better looking than some guy named Sergey Demekhine.

If you are a tennis fan and would like to see a summary of my box break, click here.  If not, chances are you didn't read this post anyway.

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Insead of Sharapova You should ask for Marta Domachowska :)

Fuji said...

Just Googled her... I'll stick with Sharapova ;-)