Tuesday, July 06, 2010

2008 Topps Finest (Hobby Only)

Hello all. BA Benny here and I am thrilled to be part of this way cool blog dedicated to ripping all kinds of packs. For my first contribution I will be tearing into a pack of 2008 Topps Finest Hobby Only Edition. 5 cards per pack so it can go great or lousy in a hurry.  I grabbed 2 packs of these so I will rip pack one here and pack two on my Pack Rip Cafe blog. On with the rip.


2008 Topps Finest


#17 Alex Gordon (Royals)
#5 Brandon Phillips (Reds)

Two respectable player to begin with.


#51 Paul Konerko (White Sox)
#125 Ryan Howard (Phillies)

Two big time bats bringing the power on these.


#TF-RC Team Favorites Robinson Cano (Yankees)

The lone insert, a very nice Cano card.


A couple of the backs.

BY THE NUMBERS:
Total Cards: 5
Teams Represented: 5
Rookie Cards: 0
Parallels / Refractors: 0
Inserts: 1
Hits: 0
Keepers for Me: 1 ( Cano, the rest are up for trade)
MY RATINGS:
Front Design: 7.5 out of 10. +Very shiny, good photos, nice design.  - No team logo, cards curled a little.
Back Design: 7 out of 10.+ Nice write up on player highlight from 2007, good layout. - No team logo, no picture, only one year stats.
Player Selection: Good. All good players with a couple possible HOFers,

FINAL OVERALL RATING:
 Single up the middle. Overall a nice pack with a cool insert.
 
I hope you enjoyed my first venture here at A pack To Be Named Later. I had a great time and want to hear your thoughts on this pack. Don't forget to check out pack #2 over at the Cafe.
 
Thanks for Reading!

No comments: