Monday, July 26, 2010

2010 Score





Today we'll take a look at Panini's latest football offering in the form of 2010 Score. This is one of the lone sports trading card sets that is still affordable at $.99 a pack. It offers several tiers of parallels and inserts including autographs and one rookie and one insert per pack on average. Let's rip open this pack and see what we got.



Photobucket
#50 Garrett Wolfe

Blah, these are some of the ugliest football cards I've seen since some of Topps' 1980 designs. The design looks like it was just slopped together. The actual picture is rather small. Just not feeling this set this year.

Photobucket

The backs are a little better, though it seems the height/weight stats & birth date are rather large. The player's stats and a quick blurb about them are also included. Wolfe here it says was sidelined for the 2nd half of the 2009 season.

Photobucket
#8 Steve Breston

Photobucket
#179 Devery Henderson

Photobucket
#286 Justin Gage

Photobucket
#15 Matt Ryan

I'm speechless...

Photobucket
#329 David Gettis (RC)

I imagine he'll be competing against Dwayne Jarrett for playing time this season opposite Steve Steve. I'm sure there won't be much competition as long as Gettis can memorize the playbook (unlike Jarrett)

Photobucket
#37 Aaron Schobel (glossy parallel)

*yawn*

So there you have it. That is what we got for less than a buck. I tried to make it more interesting, but come on - it's 2010 Score. The only good thing going is a rookie per pack and the $1 price tag. Next!

5 comments:

Matt Runyon said...

bleech.

John Bateman said...

No way man - SCORE IS THE FOOTBALL CARD SET OF THE YEAR - It is affordable, It has some cool BIG HEAD inserts - Though, The photo area is a little smaller, the player fills out the whole photo - The design is colorful and blends well with the team colors - There is no gloss (except for the insert) or foil on the cards - the card stock is sturdier than Topps and Bowman Baseball

SCORE IS THE BEST - LONG LIVE SCORE FOOTBALL

flywheels said...

The cheap price and lack of foil is nice, I'll give you that John. I usually look forward to Score football, but I just can't get over the splattered look.

Play at the Plate said...

I bought 4 packs looking for a Colt McCoy or Jordan Shipley for my son. I got the McCoy and I also got that same Matt Ryan Big Head card. Otherwise...meh.

Anonymous said...

I really like the look of them. The "splattered" look works for me.