Wednesday, April 24, 2013

2013 Topps Gypsy Queen


I was finding it amusing that no one had posted a new Gypsy Queen pack here yet, considering my disdain for the product - especially with this year's design. That being said, I still had my Topps coupon book from a Target blaster that I picked up earlier in the year and was able to talk myself into buying two packs for $4.98.


184 - Chris Davis - I don't understand why this product exists.


211 - Dan Uggla - Doesn't Allen & Ginter fill this niche?


NH-WS - Warren Spahn No-Hitters - Okay, this isn't a bad looking card, but that logo just kills me. It looks like some web design school flunkie used an '80s Print Shop program to create the Gypsy Queen logo, just to be ironic.


78 - Kyle Seager Mini - For some reason, the mini parallels are a slightly different color than the base cards.


101 - Mike Olt - In my other pack, I pulled a Matt Moore mini and a Jered Weaver No-Hitters insert. They're up for grabs.


94 - Melky Cabrera - To top it off, the backs of the cards use this weird glow-in-the-dark hue that makes my eyes sad.

4 comments:

night owl said...

You think the GQ pack is late on this blog, I keep noting that no one has posted a 2013 Heritage pack yet.

I've been planning to do it myself, but I have no idea what else I could say about it.

Jafronius said...

Wouldn't be me who posts it...I usually don't buy those brands unless they're on sale.

Guess this could back up what most of the blogosphere's been saying...that they're buying less new product and focusing on vintage.

Roy-Z said...

I find NO's comment depressing and quite telling of our hubby right now.

madding said...

Well, that's one thing I really enjoy about APTBNL - the fact that everyone posts such a huge variety of packs. It's pretty much the opposite of what's happening on the shelves of your local card shop or retail store.