Tuesday, February 20, 2018

2000 Upper Deck Christina Aguilera

I've been reading that these packs are somewhat hard to find.  Maybe because they were printed in Canada, maybe because she was so popular, or maybe most of them are at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.  Christina definitely had some hits back in the day and I guess she is probably around still performing.  I am not sure.  I found this in the $0.33 bin at a card shop so figured it was worth taking a chance.  The pack enticed me to "Look for Christina Aguilera Autograph cards."  Sure, why not?  However, this 4-card pack likely won't yield any goodness.  The back has really weird odds.  It says " This box contains a random assortment of Christina Aguilera Trading Cards numbered 1-45.  Odds of finding a pack containing the following insert is: 1 Christina Autograph card (Limited to 250 total cards).  What does that actually mean?  Chatter on the internet puts odds of pulling an autograph at around 1:200 or so boxes.  Grab your Bailey's and Coffee and a doughnut....time to wake up.

Oh yeah, she is daring me to open this pack.....



#10: These are weird cards for Upper Deck.  They are printed on really thin cardboard and have no hologram.  Right out of the gate, Christina is up to no good....the little devil she is.


#17: According to the back, she sang "Genie in a Bottle" in the Thanksgiving Day parade back in 1999.


#41: Fun fact, Justin Timberlake and J.C. were in the Mickey Mouse Club with Christina.


#44: Lighting, photo editing, or something....she looks cracked out.



Here is one of the backs to the cards.  There you have it...I hope you had a great weekend.

7 comments:

Billy Kingsley said...

Never even heard of this set. That's got to be one of the rarer ones of that decade

CaptKirk42 said...

I also was not aware of these, I I was aware of them I probably laughed them off like I did a few years back with the Justin Bieber cards. Now the odds of getting a Christina Autographed card is probably a bit harder, unless someone is hoarding the things on Ebay.

Fuji said...

Any pack I've never seen before is worth 33¢ in my book. Saw her somewhere online last year. She looks the same. Then again... my eyes suck. I was never a huge fan of her music (my students loved her), but I did like the Mulan song she sang.

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

Yep, Christina vs. Brittany days. Two "young ladies" (loosely used) that grew up hot as hell.

SumoMenkoMan said...

Had I not done more research, I would have thought these were fake Upper Deck cards. I actually didn't think there were going to be 4 cards in the pack they were so thin.

Dion's IP Autos only said...

WOW that Genie in a bottle card nice placement of the wording think they did that on purpose?????

Bulldog said...

No clue this set even existed but I definitely would have picked up a pack. Thanks for sharing!