Wednesday, October 25, 2017

2017 Topps Series 2 Toys 'R Us


I don't recall what year Topps and Toys 'R Us teamed up to offer exclusive purple parallel cards, but the trend continued in Series 2 this year. Unlike in past years, there is only 1 parallel card per pack now. The packs retail for $2.99 at TRU stores...I hope the included parallel is worth the extra dollar.




Nothing fancy or special here, just regular cards from Series 2. I need to check these against my own list to see if I need any of these for my set.


Rainbow parallel of Rockies catcher, Tom Murphy.


Memorable moments insert of Derek Jeter. Not a Yankees fan, but I can respect Jeter's talent. 3,000 hits...dang. Not sure though how I feel about this set though.


...and finally the purple parallel that I'm sure most are curious about. George Springer. Nice photo Topps. Appropriate that this card was pulled on the night of Game 2 of the World Series.

I was hoping to find packs of the new Update series while at TRU, but no such luck. Not sure of Topps even produced these special packs for Update. Well, now off to find me a purple parallel of Freddie Freeman.

No comments: