Thursday, February 04, 2021

2020 Topps Stadium Club Chrome Hobby

Greetings!

Hope everyone is doing well.  I went to Meijer after work last week to grab some items.  It's a little out of the way, but it's open when I get there, there's not many shoppers in the store that early in the morning, and there's a chance there could be cards there.

In the age of the pandemic, however, the card section there is just as empty as those in Targets and Wal-Marts.  The card aisle in Meijer is with the toys, and in this store, the toy section is at the back.  

The last couple of times I went there it happened to be on the day the card vendor was showing up, because there was a group of flippers standing around back there.  The Meijer by me doesn't have a sign up limiting the number of packs that can be purchased so for all I know it's a free for all when the poor guy's done.  This last time was the epitome of this sorry display; when I got to the aisle to see if anything was there, amongst the flippers standing around was a card bro...sitting in his own lawn chair.
Needless to say, it'll be a long time before things return to normal there.

I should have went with a football pack for Super Bowl week, but oh well.  It's a hobby pack of Stadium Club Chrome!


I picked up a pack the last time I was at the LCS, picking up my Facebook auction winnings.  I noticed they had blaster boxes in stock, the type you can get at the retail store, but they weren't charging the retail price for them.  They were at least $35, which disappointed me greatly.  Yes you pay more for packs at the LCS, but if it's true they're obtaining retail blasters and jacking up the price, ugh.  

This pack was $14 I think.  I would normally not pay this much for a pack so I'm not sure why I got it.  It was probably since my buddy joined me for the LCS run so it was an impulse buy after the blaster box letdown.  Let's see what I got:


#13 - Yadier Molina

I was not aware that there could be different images used on the cards.  Both images are pretty good in my opinion.


#8 - Michael Conforto

Here's the Chrome checklist.  There's 400 cards in the Chrome set as opposed to just 300 in the regular Stadium Club set.  


#70 - Bob Feller

My buddy was pretty excited that I pulled a Feller, thinking it was a rarer card.  Since he hasn't been buying new cards in a while I had to update him on current state of the industry.  I'm still pleased to have pulled him, just not for the reasons he was.


#BT-13 - Yordan Alvarez (RC) (Beam Team)  

Beam Teamers come 1 in 4 packs.  Nice to get one of the "hottt rookiez."


#276 - Kyle Schwarber

Cubs fans will miss the Schwarbombs, but signing Joc Pederson, who by most statistical accounts is a better defensive version of Kyle, eases the sting slightly.  

For some reason, his card was facing backwards so for a brief moment we were excited for a possible autograph.


#229 - Tim Anderson

I heard somewhere that Anderson is the face of this year's edition of RBI Baseball.  I'm not entirely convinced that Anderson is the real deal, but being a cover boy sure helps out.

Here's some backs because The Big Game:


Anyway, that's the pack.  Again, way too pricey for the amount of cards in the pack, but my buddy got a kick out of it and the LCS is being supported.  And you guys got to see more Chromey goodness.

Enjoy the rest of the week, and thanks for reading!

No comments: