Saturday, October 12, 2024

2019 Wizards of the Coast Transformers - War for Cybertron: Siege II TCG Booster Pack

Greetings!

Hope everyone is doing well.  While I was putting together my last post, the 40th anniversary of the Transformers animated series was celebrated by fans everywhere:


On September 17. 1984, the first episode of the 3-parter "More Than Meets The Eye" began airing on US TV.  I don't think kids back then could have conceived that 40 years later, Transformers would be as prevalent in pop culture as it is currently.  Belated happy birthday, Transformers!

I posted the booster pack for War for Cybertron: Siege I a while back, and since today is the 13th anniversary of my first post here on APTBNL, it's time to post Siege II:


War for Cybertron: Siege II was released back in November of 2019.  Continuing from Siege I, the gimmick they had for this release was the inclusion of mini-Transformers called Micro Masters and Battle Masters.  

Each pack contains 8 cards.  You get 2 Transformers in a pack, the regular large character card and the "small" character card, and 6 battle cards.  The battle cards are the size of regular baseball cards and are wrapped in clear plastic.  The 2 character cards are not in plastic and are protected by 2 pieces of cardboard; this time both pieces have ads on them:



This time, there are 52 Characters and 64 battle cards in the release.  Here's the battle cards:


#55/64 - Stable Cover
#53/64 - Soldier's Blaster

As usual, the Commons start the pack.  You can see this is Wave 4 on the bottom left.  Again, those colored pips in the upper right affect the Transformer's attack or defense.  


#54/64 - Special Delivery
#6/64 - Battlefield Incursion

Interested in seeing the card list?  Click here to see the Battle cards.  There's there link on the page where you can see the Character cards.


#20/64 - Erratic Cannon
#13/64 - Crude Club

Hey cool, my Rare card is a club!  Let's see what mini-Transformer I got:



#22/52 - Private Seawatch

Seawatch is a Common card, and just like in Siege I, the characters are assigned military rankings.  I don't think I had this little guy when it was released back in the late 80's.

How about the main Transformer, you say?



#47/52 - Sergeant Thundercracker

Woo, got a Rare one!  Thundercracker's plane mode matches his pre-Earth form.

The robot side for both cards are all foiled up and looks nice.  

Anyway, that's the pack.  The artwork for these character cards are still great, even though I'm still not a big fan of the military ranks.  And yes, I still haven't played the game; I pick these up because I'm a fan of the Franchise.  

Happy birthday to the Transformers, happy 13th blogiversary to me, and as always, thanks for reading!

No comments: