Wednesday, July 31, 2013

2010 Topps Platinum NFL Retail

Greetings!

Hope everyone's having a good week.  By the time this is posted, I will be in the middle of my family's Disney World vacation (figured now is as good a time as any to test out the Blogger Schedule feature).  The Wifey, the boys, the In-Laws, and I hopefully won't be sweltering in the Florida humidity too much waiting for It's A Small World.

Anyway, since Training Camp's underway across the country, I figured a football pack is necessary...from the restocked $1.59 Target bin, here's a pack of 2010 Topps Platinum!


One of our former contributors posted a hobby pack a while back.  Even though he had a coupon, apparently the hobby versions cost $7 bucks for 5 cards back then.  I'd much rather pay $1.59 for one less card.

I don't buy a whole lot of football, so I didn't know about this set.  But, platinum infers shiny.  Me likes the shiny (on cards, not hot and humid Florida sun shiny).  Here's what I got:


#118 - DeSean Jackson
#76 - DeMarcus Ware
#23 - Mike Williams (RC)
#156 - Dwayne Bowe

Obviously the shiny does not pick up well on the scanner.  They're not too bad looking, I would just rather have the Topps Chrome setup where you can see the rest of the action.

Oh, you want to see the backs?


You didn't?  Sorry, I had them scanned in already.  Notice that the Williams RC is a little darker than the other 3.  I checked the cards and it appears the rookie cards are more glossy than the rest of the base cards.

Anyway, that's the pack.  More when I get home...thanks for reading!

No comments: