Sunday, April 21, 2013

2013 Panini Prizm

Last night's pack wars at my LCS garnered a lot of packs to rip and post here at APTBNL. Let's start off with Panini's jump into current MLB players with Prizm.


Six cards in a pack. Think Topps Chrome....without the Chrome curve.


Aramis Ramirez -  Brewers Milwaukee. Only had to shop out the helmet logo. These cards have some weight to them. Heavier than a Chrome card.


Boom. Trout as a member of Team USA. At least there is no photoshopping required.


While there is no curve, Panini took the lazy path and used the same photo as the front. And yet, we are supposed to fork out six bucks plus for a pack. Let's pop through the next three cards.




Mauer, Miggy and Yount. The shopping on the Yount is REALLY bad. The backs of the base are different than the Trout above.


The Yount here has a career line. Regular base just have the 2012 stats and then a career total. Good use of the Instagram sepia filter, Panini.


And a Marte rookie to end the pack. I said I wouldn't buy any of these. I only have this pack because of pack wars, and I can see WHY I won't be buying any of these. Crappy in my mind.

No comments: