Friday, September 30, 2016

2014 Topps Series 2 Rack Pack

Greetings!

Hope everyone had a good week.  I have been trying to get back into my Great Reorganization Project (one of the main reasons why I started posting to this site), but I keep running into roadblocks.  One of them is the inability to file away cards while I still have a pack to post.  So, let me get one of them out of the way (as soon as I found the pack again...it got misplaced) - it's a rack pack of 2014 Topps Series 2!

It was a 330 card set (the last year for this size as of this post...remember, it's been 350 cards the last couple of years).  Since there's several packs already posted on the site, let's just go through the pack rapid-style-like (I used my camera against card boxes this time out, so I apologize in advance for the graininess / shadows in the shots).

Here's what I got...Top Half:



#463 - Samuel Deduno
#660 - Jose Fernandez
#497 - Fernando Rodney
#351 - Matt Garza

RIP, Jose.

(As an aside, Fernandez was on my fantasy team, and before I got all the alerts on my phone about the sad news, I got a Yahoo alert letting me know that his status was changed from "Healthy" to "Day To Day".  Yahoo Fantasy has something to work on for next year).


#581 - Tony Cingrani
#590 - Brett Cecil

#390 - Bryce Harper (Checklist)
#645 - Wilson Ramos

#487 - Jim Johnson (#614/2014)
#BM-23 - Derek Jeter (Breakout Moments)
#659 - Ervin Santana
#529 - Jesus Montero


Per the back of the pack, both the Gold and Breakout Moments cards come 1 in 2 packs.
#462 - J.A Happ
#557 - Vic Black (RC)
#515 - Curtis Granderson
#622 - Dexter Fowler
#352 - Ryan Wheeler
#393 - Devin Mesoraco

Moving onto the Bottom Half:
#454 - Brandon Beachy
#548 - Jered Weaver
#586 - Luke Hochevar
#615 - Drew Storen
#538 - Jon Jay
#487 - Jim Johnson

It's a Jim Johnson hot pack!


#559 - Asdrubal Cabrera
#632 - John Lackey

#545 - Jeremy Affeldt
#FN-46 - Sonny Gray (The Future Is Now)
#569 - Michael Morse (Green Parallel)
#373 - Kyle Drabek

Odds were not listed for The Future Is Now.  I think the Green Parallels were exclusive to the Rack Packs.
#508 - Sonny Gray
#459 - Eric Hosmer
#560 - Aramis Ramirez
#418 - Jordy Mercer
#486 - Drew Hutchison
#363 - David Hale (RC)

Or is it a Sonny Gray hot pack? 

Anyway, that's it.  Now I can file these away and move onto the next stack...hmm, it's 2014 Series 1.  That means I have a Rack Pack for Series 1 tucked away somewhere.  The good times don't stop!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Cool Jeter insert! I was going to ask of the greens are numbered but if they're rack pack exclusive I'm guessing not.

Can't believe Yahoo had Jose listed as "day to day" after the tragic boat accident that took his life. I guess they have bigger problems to worry about, but still...

The Collector